Monday, February 5, 2007

Tidbits from this week

Seems I just can't make it on to blog lately. Several reasons... my dad is around all day lately, as he is out of work currently, and he likes to read over my shoulder. Not that I have anything to hide... but all the same, I prefer to blog alone. (smile)

Our cat is going to be put down tomorrow. My kids will be a bit sad, but I've been warning them that this time was coming, so they are a bit prepared. Besides, they really didn't even touch him, as he is an "old man cat" as I call him. He prefers the company of adults and just hides from the children. So not much bonding went on anyway. But he was a good starter pet for them. They learned to feed and water him, and to give him his space when he needed it. Also had some lessons in not being cruel or mean to animals, so all in all, it's been good.

I'm trying to lose a few more pounds. I really want to get down at least another ten (fifteen would be a dream!!!) before I'm pg with the next baby. Right now I weigh what I did when I got pg with my oldest child. That is so exciting for me! Anyway, so I picked up a couple exercise videos to alternate with (I already do pilates). I don't do well if the variety isn't there. One of them is a dance video. That should be HILARIOUS! I'm NOT a dancer, rofl. But I thought it would be fun, and that is a big battle with workout videos. I just made sure it isn't some seductive sort of dancing. Oh, that would be tragic - ME dancing seductively? EEEEK! I'm such a ... what is the word? Well, I can't place the word, but trust me, yours truly isn't seductive.

I ordered Math-U-See for my oldest. Looking at the scope and sequence for the Primer (that is what they call their curriculum for the lowest level), she is way beyond parts of it, and then others, she knows nothing. I think it will be a good way to start off, as some parts will be challenging her, and then others will give her confidence that hey, she knows quite a bit already. Oh, and she wants to learn about China. So we'll be doing a unit study on China. Gotta hit the library!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use MUS. I also use another program called Making Math Meaningful. I used MMM in the beginning, but liked what I saw in MUS so just added it in. I'm really happy with both of them.

Pint-Size Princess said...

ROFL to the dance video. I have an aerobic video that has one section of "club dancing" but I'm sticking with the basic aerobics for now, b/c that's funny enough, watching me try and do the moves. (Of course I'd actually have to do it for anyone to watch)

nak