Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Whatever your day holds, I hope that you are surrounded by people who love you. I know I am! I have a loving Savior who guides me, protects me, and provides for me. I have 4 beautiful and sweet children. We have lots of family whom we love and they love us in return. Oh how blessed I am! And, in addition, my husband and I are still together. Oh, how GOOD God is!

I am turning the focus of our Valentine's Day to something besides the usual romantic holiday. In our family, from now on it will be a celebration of the love we have in so many friends and family and a celebration of Christ's love for us. That's why I've decided to extend Valentine's Day to a whole week.

Our house looks so fun right now. We've written the names of people we love on hearts and attached them to the walls. (Mommy actually stopped the cutting and writing them because we'd made SO many hearts and her hands were tired! We could have put so many more, but Mommy said no more. *wink* ) We made homemade streamers made from yarn and construction paper hearts. We decorated sacks and filled them with yummy cookies that we baked and iced, homemade cards, and soon, Mommy will sneak some small presents into the sacks. Shhhh!

Today we'll be having a party, complete with snacks, games, and a treasure hunt. I hope this will be the first of many wonderful Valentine's parties. Before I know it, the kids will be decorating the house themselves! And hopefully, we'll stumble upon some wonderful traditions along the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I was looking back and thinking about last Valentine's Day. It has been a full year since we last saw each other. I was about to pop with Lucas and you were pregnant with Shortcake. Time sure does fly!! You're right, the kids will grow up too fast. I get teary thinking about my "baby" about to turn 1!!

Sounds like you've filled your week with lots of fun!!

Lily said...

Goodness, I guess it has been a year. Wow. That seems like not that long ago, and yet eons. Funny how time goes.

Awww, (((Candi))) Now, why don't we get to vote on how quickly they grow???