Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Lily = Domesticity?

Wellll, I must confess something. I've always wanted to be a sahm, which I happily am, but I never wanted to keep the house, lol.

I am just not "domestic." I don't like to sew, cook, bake, clean, or anything else you can put in the category. I love to be a mommy. I love homeschooling. If only I could do just those two, lol.

Well, I started praying that God would help me to learn to like it. And do you know what crazy desire I've had lately? To get a sewing machine and sew. Oh, now that HAS to be an answer to prayer because I would much rather pay friends to sew for me. In fact, I've done that before, lol.

I've decided that I want to quilt, sew some simple stuff for the kids (stuff like aprons to help with keeping clothes clean during certain times), and do a few pillows and curtains. Now, the desire is there... just gotta get a machine and follow through. So now I suppose I should pray for a machine!

2 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

When I became a sahm i didn't like to do any of that stuff either! DH bought be a sewing machine was DS#1 was about 2 months old. I played around with it for a few days and it didn't get used again for years. I've pulled it out recently though (in the last year and a half) and have started to use it some. I learned how to make cloth diaper covers, though they need some improvement and I made myself an apron. I've tried making two skirts, one was too small and the material was garbage anyways, and the other turned out way fancier looking then I had intended. I wanted something fun for everyday and somehow ended up with something that looked like it could go to prom. I've got tons of cute little girl patterns though, so I may have to start sewing those! I just need to learn more about material so I don't spend my money on junk.

I also enjoy cooking, when I don't feel rushed through it and I'm not in a rut (thank you Menus4Moms for getting me out of my recent rut!). And I enjoy baking too, again, when I'm not rushed, which isn't often these days.

Now if only I could learn to enjoy cleaning!

Lily said...

Ooh, you could have SO much fun making clothes for your little gal!

So you like Menus4Moms? I should look into that!