Monday, February 5, 2007

Sunshine says, "I love you" to a boy

Sunshine has a little girl crush on a dear family friend's son. He is a year older than she. (So they are 5 and 6.) The other day Sunshine was asked if she had a boyfriend. She immediately replied, "No," but then quickly added, "Yes... his name is P_____."

Well, "P" lives in another town, but when he spent the night with his grandma who attends church with us, "P" and Sunshine sat together. During the service, she drew him a picture. After the service was over, she said, "Here, I drew this for you."

P: Well, what is it?

Sunshine: It's a picture because I love you.

P: (eyes wide with shock and panic) I don't want it!

Sunshine: But I made it for you. Take it.

P: (still panicky, lol) Give it to Grandma!

Sunshine: Ok.

LOL!!! I was amused by his "freak out" over her declaration, and equally amused by how easily her "love" was forgotten when he told her to give it to Grandma. (wink)

No comments: