Monday, March 12, 2007

Whooohooo! Shopping trip!

Oh yes, and I had FUN. My youngest sis and I went with the kids to a mall an hour away. (That's how far we have to go out here in the sticks.) We had a blast. We hit soooo many stores and the kids were so good and patient. I was very proud of my little chicks today.

I got some wonderful clothes for myself! I never buy for myself because I always feel guilty (what is up with that?), but today I did. And because of all the weight I've been losing, I'm now out of "woman" sizes and back into the normal size range. Yippee! So today instead of shopping at CJ Banks (my fave store), I got to shop at their normal store, Christopher and Banks. I just lo-o-o-ve their clothes. Very "me." And these fabulous clothes not only fit great and flattered my figure (gasp!), but I stepped out of my normal color choices and style, and I love what I chose! It feels good to do something different than what I typically do.

Stopped at Old Navy, and ladies with daughters: pay attention! I found winter tights for my girls for 47 CENTS! Yes! I went "tight crazy." I walked out with a very large bag of assorted socks and tights.

But perhaps the purchase I'm most thrilled with is the wonderful printer I got. An HP Photosmart C5100 All-in-One! God was sooo good. I've been praying for weeks (months?) that God would provide a good quality printer for our family that was under a certain price. I had checked online, and what we were needing for our family was a bit outta my price range when you considered the cartridges, the needed cables, etc., to get you started. Well, praise God! I walked outta there with every thing I wanted with wa-a-a-y less than the prices on the website! This baby is wonderful. I had not intended to get a printer with photo printing capability, but God included that, too, in my price range. The photo thing was on my wish list. Isn't He gracious?

All-in-all, a great Monday with lots of sales and a great sister-bonding day!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Great job on the shopping, I'm so glad we found the store just for you when you were visiting.

Speaking of visiting, guess what came in the mail? Yep, my gift arrived and I'm absolutely IN LOVE with it! I've never seen any of the wooden girls like the two you sent. Megan loved it too and just pet it often during the day. Thank you sooo much, it's perfect for us!

Lily said...

I'm pleased you like it! Did you see the card, telling you what the figurine means?