Friday, March 9, 2007

My heart is so full!

This morning is a rainy, yucky morning. Very very dark out there, even at 10 am. But on this type of day, I always want to stay in our jammies, bake cookies, read lots of books and have a generally cozy, homey day.

So, I made a bigger breakfast for the kids than I typically do: oatmeal, scrambled eggs, biscuits (don't be too impressed - they were the refridgerated type), fruit, milk and OJ. Now, I do fix these things frequently as it is, but not all at once; usually they only have two items at breakfast.

What a reaction I got from the children, though! I got extra special hugs, many I-love-yous, and plenty of contented smiles. Who knew they'd be so happy? And they really stuffed themselves. Most mornings they don't eat half of what they did today.

I've cuddled with the wee bairn this morning. I felt her little fingers stroke my face while she nursed today. I've seen their sleepy-smile faces straight from their beds. I've heard their little giggles and goofy antics around the kitchen table.

They bring me so much joy. On the phone last night, my husband reminded me that one day, there will be no more tiny clothes in the dryer, no more tiny bottoms to wipe, no more waking in the middle of the night. And it is so true. I will greatly miss these days.

But before I can get too sad about losing those chubby baby fingers and the belly laughs when someone plays peekaboo, I know that I will get to see them transform into wonderful young adults. I will get to laugh with them over jokes, watch them grow in maturity, and, prayerfully, watch their faith grow.

And homeschooling my children allows me to be with them even more. I am so thankful that God has allowed me to be with them all day. I love homeschooling. I love the excitement Sunshine has over learning. I love that she asks every day for phonics and math. I love that she is disappointed when we don't do school on the weekends. What a blessed thing it is to see your children grow and learn!

No comments: