Friday, March 2, 2007

That reminds me

My previous post gave a link to another blog's post. It reminded me to post the following poem, which I came across in a church bulletin. This really is a powerful thing if you fully contemplate the meaning.

Judgment Seat

When I stand at the Judgment Seat of Christ,
And He shows me His plan for me;
The plan of my life as it might have been,
Had He had His way and I see...

How I blocked Him here and I checked Him there;
And I would not yield my will,
Will there be grief in my Savior's eyes,
Grief, though He loves me still?

He would have me rich, and I stand there poor,
Stripped of all but His grace,
While memory runs like a hunted thing
Down the paths I cannot retrace.

Then my desolate heart will well nigh break,
With tears that I cannot shed;
I shall cover my face with my empty hands,
I shall there bow my uncrowned head.

Lord, of the years that are left to me,
I give them to Thy hand;
Take me and break me, mold me to
The pattern Thou has planned.

--By Martha Snell Nicholson

Lord, please keep my heart tender before You. Please don't let my desire for comfort and ease keep me from serving You with my whole heart. Please always let me seek You for the sake of You alone, and not for selfish wants. In Jesus' name, Amen.

3 comments:

Jaymie said...

Whoa! Lily that is beautiful and humbling. I've got to go hit my knees.
Jaymie

Lily said...

Thanks, Jaymie. I'm glad it touched you, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's powerful. I've printed it out and read it several times. I'm always a little (or more) nervous about that day - and so thankful that I have the hope of His pity and great love for me.
Thanks for sharing.