Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Please, enlighten me

Why do children insist on telling you their bowel habits?

I regularly receive an update on their happenings. When Sunshine was little, she went through a phase of describing the color and shape of her bowel movements. Occasionally now she'll tell me its degree of firmness. (I'm sooo sorry. I'm trying to keep this from grossing you out as you eat a sandwich at the keyboard. Or brownies. Oops. Sorry.)

But these days, mostly they run up to me, holding themselves and declaring their needs loudly. "I"ve gotta go p*tty!" And even less exciting to hear, "I've gotta go p**p!"

Great... so go already. Don't come tell me. If you're holding the pertinent body part, then you probably don't have time to gamble with, you know?

Kids. Gotta love 'em.

No comments: