Saturday, April 7, 2007

Whew - close call with Shortcake

Last night she started choking on something small that we really don't know how she got... anyway, she started choking and couldn't breathe. She was doing one of those high-pitched wheeze things. It felt like my heart stopped for a few seconds. Time felt kinda surreal while we were trying to get it out. Looking back, it was only maybe 10 seconds, but it felt long.

I'm so thankful God allowed us to get it out so quickly. That gal is such a joy! Life around here would NOT be the same. She makes us all giggle and adore her.

Did I tell you she is crawling now? Anywhere she wants to go, she goes. And she's been pulling up on things, too, as well as experimenting with holding on with only one hand. Where does the time go?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I got goose bumps just reading that. I've been there and know how scary it is!!

Melissa said...

Yep, been through that type of ordeal enough times that I know what you mean by the time stands still thing. Glad she is okay!

Anonymous said...

That is my dh's biggest fear with our kids (every parent worries about it - but my dh is even more cautious about choking than I am). We've had our moments too - very scary. So glad it all worked out ok.

Lily said...

Thanks, gals!