Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Moving again - that's military life, y'know

We finally got dh's orders, so we know where we are going and for how long.

The good news: moving just 3 hours away! I'll still be near my family, so the kids will have a slow withdrawal from the grandparents.

The other news: we'll only be there a year. The entire unit will be relocating together to another military location. Military reorganizing and such. So then we'll move... again.

Like I mentioned, we'll still be decently close to family, so we won't have to go months and months without seeing my parents. By the time we move, we will have lived with my parents for 13 months. Sweetheart doesn't remember our old house, I'm sure, so to his little mind this is the only home he's known. What will he do without his "Papa?" He barely remembers Daddy. And I'm sure that if it weren't for Daddy's occasional visits, then he'd not remember Daddy at all. But I'm sure my parents will have the worst time: they've been with Shortcake from her birth, and they loved it. Mom already cries at the thought.

So I'm working on getting our stuff put back into storage so we will only have to take the moving truck to one location. This kind of moving will be a bit easier. By far, most of our things are still in boxes in the storage unit, so that is easier on me. I can handle this small amount of packing!

I am very eager to get into our own space again. I've been very blessed to have such a great situation with my parents. Truthfully, I anticipated difficulties, but things turned out rather nice. Not bad, especially considering my parents went from a household of 2 to 7.

I think my dad will really miss my cooking, though. LOL He and Mom work so many hours that Mom rarely cooks, so they will go back to sandwiches and snacking, mostly. Dad says he gained weight after I arrived, and since I won't be cooking for him anymore, he figures he'll lose that weight. Guess they'll have to come visit us now and again, eh?

I will be closer to my own grandparents, which is going to present some challenges. Pray for that, if you think of it. We ran into the issues a bit while living this close to them where we are now, so with being closer, I expect the situation to be more intense. Hopefully, though, that won't happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for everything to work out smoothly! So, do you know where you will be after the year is up? Anywhere close to me :)? (crossing my fingers)

Lily said...

Well, we have ideas, but they have already been changing the location, so we'll just have to wait and see. Doesn't sound like it is at all set in stone. But the two different locations they told us so far are, sadly, not even close to you. *pouty face*

Hey, can you PM (on OLHP) your new address? I need to send back those girl clothes I borrowed!