Friday, April 20, 2007

Attitude check!

When I was in high school, I was in a group called FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes). If you know me personally, this is highly entertaining, as I am soooooooo not athletic!! Why was I in the group? Well, because it was the only Christian group at school, and well, ahem... there was this... boy. Ahem.

Anyway.

When we would see each other in the hallway, especially if we saw each other looking grumpy, we yelled, "ATTITUDE CHECK!"

To which the person would have to respond, "PRAISE THE LORD!" Loudly. In a hall full of teenagers. In a public school. Funny stuff.

I've decided to do it with my kids. Minus the screaming at the top of our lungs, of course. (wink) This will be good for them and good for Mommy, too.

We already have memorized Phil. 2:14, "Do all things without murmurings or disputings." (Which we talk regularly about what those "big" words mean.) And it works. But I think we'll add something fun, something silly to get those smiles back.

So, what is going on today that has you bent outta shape? ATTITUDE CHECK!

3 comments:

Christ in the Chaos said...

I like this idea! Maybe we'll try something like this:)

Melissa said...

Oh you, now I can't have a bad attitude today because this is simple too great of an idea not to do with the kids and myself! :0)

BTW, I had a dream last night and you were in it...we (Jules, Lori, Rosemarie, Sherry, you and I) got together finally and had a wonderful 3 day girlfriend trip! Do you think someday this will come true? I sure hope so!

Lily said...

Thanks for the encouragement! It is much appreciated!

Melissa, don't know if this will ever happen, but it sure would be wonderful!