Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Starting the process

...of buying our first home!

Wow.

We are moving this month to another state, so we've begun the process for the loan. I am so excited! We really have NO time to do this. I can't believe we are going for it, but we are.

I laugh because hubby wants to be moving into a house June 1st. Those of you who have bought houses are probably shaking your heads at this, no? Well, in his defense, the company we are working with does things a bit differently. Usually people get preapproved for a loan, find a house, then have to actually get the loan. This company does it the other way around. So once we find a place, the money is ready to plunk down right away.

I spent most of the day today finding the financial documents they needed, learning how to scan them into my computer, attaching them to emails (yes, emails - it took 5 emails because there were 24 pages!!!), and talking alternately on the phone with my husband and the loan company. It took awhile, but was relatively painless. Unless you ask Sunshine, who was begging for a turn on the computer while Mommy worked and worked and worked. "Are you done YET?" "Is it my turn?" "Mom, you are taking FOREVER!" (We also had a few chats about attitude, waiting patiently, and speaking with a respectful tone of voice.)

I was joking with hubby that it must be really nice to say, "Talk to my wife; she handles all the paper stuff." I told him that I was his secretary, of sorts, to which he agreed. Then I popped out with, "Hey, and I even get to sleep with the boss!" (Wink)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, your deadline sounds about like ours was. When we finally found a realtor willing to show us some houses, we had 4 weeks until we had to be out of our apt. Good luck with the house hunting!

Lily said...

Thanks, Candi. I remember how fast yours was. I hope that we find something as quickly as you did!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to ask...

I know you never really know these things in the military, (and maybe you said and I missed it) but how long are you supposed to be at Location C?

Lily said...

You know, I've no clue... I just assumed 3 years. I'll have to ask him.