Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I left - did ya miss me?

We left the state Monday night, and Tuesday looked at houses in the town we'll be living in... and drove home again... with all four kids in tow. It was a good trip! We were in the van a lot, but they were so good. I say we, because my mom went with me to help.

My mom had me in STITCHES. The jokes rambled from how she'll wind up as one of those old ladies who are greeters at Walmart ("Hi, HAWNey! Welcome to Walmartss. Did you bring back a return?"), good looking gay men vs ugly gay men (oh, don't ask!), and a few other oddball things that are only funny if you were there at that specific moment. You know the kind. The kind of moment that is very lame when you try to relate it to someone else? Yeah, that kind. But oh HOW we laughed at the time.


One of my favorite moments, though, was when Mom was talking about giving a strip T. A what? A strip T. I burst out laughing... "Mom? It's strip teaSE." More howling from me. Thing is, she misunderstands a lot of words like this. She is a smart lady, but somehow misses stuff like this, which makes it even funnier. If you read This Ain't New York, then you might have seen the post about the Allstate commercial. If you didn't, go quickly and read it - it is very, very short, but oh so funny. Ok... did you read it? Well, GO read it. Ok... now that you've read it, my mom thought the same thing. In fact, I was giggling and telling Mom about Melanie's hubby's mistake, and Mom just sat there smiling all the while. Then she admitted that she, too, thought it was Stan. Bwahahahahaha!

Anyway, so back to the house stuff... tomorrow we hope to make an offer. I'm very excited. Keep turning it over and over in my head. Let's see, do we put Sunshine and Sugar-n-Spice in that bedroom, or do we put them in the other? Do we turn the extra room downstairs into a schoolroom or do we use it for our bedroom? You know, all the life-altering, mind-blowing questions that will affect me for eternity. Oh brother. Still, can't seem to get my mind to stop twirling it over and over.

But the best part? The bestest? (Yes, I know that is not proper.) Hubby will be here Friday night! I won't be sleeping alone anymore!!! WHOOOOOPEEEE! It will be so wonderful to feel someone's arms around me when I fall asleep. Happy day... er, night!

4 comments:

Military Mommy said...

Only one more night till your hubby gets home! I am so excited for you. Enjoy your sweet family.

Your moma made me laugh. :)

Love, Michelle

Anonymous said...

Lily! I'm very happy for YOU in all that is current and the plans, "Ahh ~what fun!" Life is Good! :)

MaineMom

Candi said...

Yay!! I'm so glad that your family will be whole again!

I'm glad you get to stay close to your family...what a blessing!

Lily said...

Thanks, gals!

Michelle - isn't she hilarious?

MaineMom - yes it IS.