Friday, May 25, 2007

Overheard the girls talking

We have all sorts of ants around here - different colors, different sizes. The girls think that, in life, anything smaller is a baby and anything bigger is a grownup. So the girls saw a stray tiny ant exploring, and this is what ensued.

Both exclaiming over and over in tiny, adoring voices: "Oh, look at the baby ant! Mommy, did you see the baby ant? It's so cuuuuuute! That baby ant is so tiny! Mommy, did you see the baby ant? Awwwww!"

Sugar-n-Spice, in a very pitying voice: "That baby ant looks lost. Poor. baby. ant. It needs its mommy. I bet it's cold. It needs a pillow and a blanket."

Sunshine, who has suddenly lost her cutesy voice, now speaks in a scornful tone: "Ants do NOT use pillows and blankets. It's an ant."

2 comments:

Military Mommy said...

That is so cute. I love seeing my kid's perspectives on things in nature. : )

Also wanted to let you know your email is not shared in blogger. If you want to share it, just go in your profile, check "share my email" and save. That makes it much easier to reply directly to comments you leave on blogs. :)

Have a great Memorial Day!
Michelle

Lily said...

I know - I have intentions to do it, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll get it up there when dh is gone later this week, hopefully.