Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Laundromats and Realtors

What do these two have in common? I dunno - but I'm blogging about both in one post. *snicker*

Today was errand day... we hit the laundromat (to wash two sleeping bags we used on the retreat, as our washer can't quite handle them), the post office (Candi, I mailed those clothes back to you today - thanks again!), my uncle's mechanic shop (to pay him for fixing the battery, remember?), and the storage unit. Oh, I have to tell you what I did there, too? Ok, fine. I dropped off the baby carrier I'd used at the retreat. It's one of those you use for hiking or camping. Anyhoo.

While we were at the laundromat, we had a blast. I didn't know that was possible. We ate a quick lunch in there while the bags were washing, then we played. And went a bit nuts. But hey, no one was in the laundromat, and my kids needed to get some energy out. So, we had races. Really. I pushed the baby in the stroller as fast as I could in my straight denim skirt I'm wearing today, and the other three ran and s-c-r-e-a-m-e-d. I might have, too. (Shhh, don't tell. If there was a hidden camera somewhere, I hope it didn't have sound!)

We also did playdough on cookie sheets - it really works well! You don't have leave any mess behind for anyone else to get on their clothes when they fold them on the table.

At first, I felt guilty going out for errands. I kept thinking... what if a realtor calls? What if I miss an important call? Well, that is what my answering machine is for, right? So I put that little bugger to good use... and came back to 3 calls. None of which were emergencies, or I assume so because no one had an audible stroke while leaving their message. I don't know why I do that to myself. And no, I don't have a cell phone. I would like a trac phone (is that what they are called?) for emergencies when I'm away from the house, but that number would not ever be given out except to immediate family. I used to have a cell phone years ago, but found it was more money than it was worth at the time.

Anyway. Laundromats and Realtors.

3 comments:

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Just wanted to wish you "luck" on this house hunting adventure! The internet is wonderful for this kind of thing. Hope to hear some good news very soon! :>)

Lily said...

Thanks, Melanie. Yes, the internet IS wonderful for this, otherwise, I would feel it nigh to impossible to accomplish.

Melissa said...

Just wanted to wish you a happy mother's day!