Thursday, December 14, 2006

Why the lilies?

Hello! I am Lily.

Well, actually, that is not my real name, but rather my pen name. I am married to a military man and have 4 children. At the time I'm writing this, my children are ages 5 yrs, 3 yrs, 2 yrs, and 5 months. I have been married for nearly 7 years.

My children have pen names, too. I will call the oldest Sunshine, my 3 yr old will be Sugar-n-Spice, my 2 yr old will be Sweetheart, and my youngest, Shortcake. Those names represent a small portion of their personalities. Sunshine is a very happy girl who so very funny. Sugar-n-Spice is a huggy girl who also has a rather mischeivious side to her. One moment she is a darling child and the next you are tempted to sell her to the gypsies (wink). Then there is Sweetheart. He is a mama's boy all the way. He wants to be near me all the time, which I love. And Shortcake is our newest addition - all smiles and giggles already.

So, back to my title... why the lilies? Well, there have been some bigger trials for me in my life lately. And in Matthew 6 of the Bible, there is a passage that talks of not worrying about anything that will come tomorrow. Some of you may know it well. In the middle, Christ says, "Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin..." He says that if God takes such good care of them, then He will do much more for us, and to, "seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." So I wish to be a lily. To toil not or spin, just let the Lord take care of me.

~Lily

No comments: