Friday, December 15, 2006

My children are so wonderful!

Do you ever just look at your children and wonder? LOL, no, not the wonder where you think it'll be a miracle if they survive childhood. The kind of wonder that is sweet... where you are amazed at their little selves.

My oldest, who is 5, is a sweet and darling child, super affectionate, tender-hearted... wants so badly to please Mommy. I hope one day that will translate into wanting Him to be pleased with her. Most of the time, I just have to say something along the lines of... "Next time, why don't you say that a little sweeter," or "Maybe we should start a new rule..." and she will immediately pick up on it. She hops to change her attitude or words so readily. Now, wouldn't that be such a fabulous asset as she matures - to be that ready to obey Him so quickly? She could avoid a lot of pain and regret that the rest of us often have to experience because we are a lot more stubborn than she is.

Then there is my 3 yr old. Ahhh, what a bundle of POW she is! She is the stubborn one, the defiant one, the I-want-to-do-it-my-way kid. Lots of energy, lots of curiosity, lots of playfulness. Man, does she make me laugh. One day while my gal was sitting on the toilet, I was on the phone with a friend and my girlie pottied and pooped, all in the same sitting. She was so pleased that I let her brag on the phone about what she'd done... and do you know what she said? "I pooped in the toilet, and you don't want to eat it." AHHHHHH! I laughed myself almost to death. I can see her being one very creative and productive adult. If I can harness that stubbornness into awesome self-discipline... wow, can you imagine what she could do?

And then there is my little fella, who is 2. I don't see any predominant traits yet, but I will say, he loves his mama! I adore having a cuddler. He wants to sit in my lap so much, and who am I to refuse him? (wink) As of yet, he isn't a risk taker. Part of me hopes he'll never be... don't want to spend hours and hours in the ER as he grows up. But then I don't want him to be scared to try things, either. So far, he seems to gauge things, and if he thinks he can do it, then he will. If he isn't sure, he won't. Sometimes he amazes me at the things he knew he could do... and *I* didn't think he could.

And the new one, who is actually 5 months. What a precious bundle she is! She is SO smiley. In fact, she has smiled every single day of her little life. No kidding! Now, I know, that for quite awhile she didn't know that she was smiling, but I don't care, lol. I enjoyed every smile I got from her chubby face. And ticklish? Goodness, we can make her do belly laughs by tickling her palms and forearms. She giggles through diaper changes, even though the wipes are a tad on the cold side. What a crazy kid.

Anyway, I marvel at them. I wonder at them. God sure gave me a huge responsibility when He put those 4 little souls in my care.

No comments: