Saturday, July 21, 2007

A little note about posts and pictures

I have hundreds of adorable pics of my kids and even a couple of me and the kids, but... I don't post them for privacy reasons.

One, I have posted about our marriage issues, and very few people in our families and face-to-face friends know. I'd like to keep it that way. If I post pics that are easily recognizable as my family, then the cat is outta the bag.

Two, I am leary about having too much info out there about my kids and their identities. We live in a small town right now, and with my dh often gone, it seems wise to not put ourselves out there. I try to be vague about our location anyway in posts. I don't even post about the weather because it could lead to someone pinpointing the area I'm in.

Of course, this significantly narrows down my Wordless Wednesday selections. Or adding cute little photos to add "awww" value to my posts on what the kids are doing lately. But I'd rather be safe and less exciting than sorry.

Just FYI.

1 comment:

Military Mommy said...

Totally think this is very wise for all the reasons you listed! : ) Have a great weekend.