Friday, May 23, 2008

Saying hello from my parents' house

We took a break and drove to my parents' home on Wednesday. The kids did great for the drive, including Squeaker, who slept the entire way! We plan to be here for a full week.

Now, this trip was to serve a few purposes: to let friends and family see the new baby, to attend a cousin's graduation (he was my ringbearer when I got married), to finally end our sort of quarantine while baby was so new, and to give me a chance to grab a break here and there.

The funny part about it all is that we aren't getting a chance to see several of those friends and family and right now, plus two of my kids have gotten pretty sick since we arrived. So I guess it is just as well that those folks are not available.

Shortcake starting running a vicious fever yesterday before dinner (it is being managed, but it goes sky-high quickly), and she has diarrhea. Sunshine started vomitting early this morning. So I guess you can say our quarantine from germs is definitely over!

Hopefully, Squeaker will be spared this nastiness and everyone will be well by the time we head back home next week.

2 comments:

Pint-Size Princess said...

I'm so sorry your kids are sick!! I hope your visit goes well.

Candi said...

Oh no!! I know when I talked to you last that Lucas was super whiney and I told you he was running a low grade temp. Well, he did end up getting what Logan has. However, Lucas had a much higher temp (getting up to 103.1) and now he has the nasty cough.

I hope Squeaker is spared and the others get well so you can enjoy your visit!!