Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"If I've told you once,

I've told you a thousand times...!"

We probably heard that a time or two growing up. We might have even said it to our kids. I personally haven't yet, but then, my oldest is only 5. Give me time.

But the thought occurred to me today: what if God were to say that to me? How would He finish that sentence?

Hmm. So here is my list, in no particular order. I'm sure it would be even longer if I mulled over it for a few days.

"If I've told you once, Lily, I've told you a thousand times; _______________ !"


  1. Meditate on Me, not those things around you like inconvenient circumstances, annoying people, and wrongs done.
  2. Stop lecturing people in your head. Let Me deal with them in My time, My way. You mind your own problems. You've got enough of your own sins to be concerned about.
  3. Talk to Me first, before friends and family. You'd be surprised with how fully I can satisfy your need to "get it out." Release it to Me. Let Me be your everything.
  4. Live in the present. Remember you don't know how many days I will give you.
  5. Be patient with your children like I am patient with you.

So how about you ladies? What would your list look like?

3 comments:

Christi said...

Very true - what a great reminder!

Brenda said...

1. Life is very short. Don't waste it worrying about things that won't matter in the long run.

2. Be patient with others the way you want them to be patient with you.

3. Stop expecting perfection from everyone and everything. It's a waste of time and robs the joy from the life I've given you.

4. S-L-O-W D-O-W-N

5. Stop expecting everyone close to you to behave a certain way so that YOU will look good.

mommy to six J's said...

What a great reminder my list would be very much like your's, Char your children are not perfect let me do the discipling let me speak to their hearts. Don't become angry so fast. pour out grace and mercy on them as I have for you, thanks again. Char