Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Dh re-enlisted yesterday

For another four years. I knew it was coming, so there is no sadness or being upset. I was fully prepared.

Besides... at the moment, I have this huge peace about it all. I've been asking God to change my heart regarding the whole military thing. I believe He's begun doing that. Some of it, too, is that He has blessed me with a wonderful home in a great little area, and that certainly helps the emotions, lol. But beyond that I feel a peace that THIS is where God wants me NOW.

I don't know how to put this into words... but I almost feel an impression on my heart each time I pray that God has some sort of ministry for me somehow in this. Oh, not officially, of course. I keep getting this (I hate to say "feeling"...) feeling that He wants me to be ready for something.

I think it was confirmed since we arrived here. My hubby came to me, saying he has a soldier whose wife is really really struggling and she needs someone. He asked me to call her and reach out to her. Well what do you know? Turns out... he just joined and she strongly didn't want him to (does that sound like me??), she is pregnant and she has 3 very small children (Uh, I think I've been there, lol), and is a sahm for the first time (well, I'm not new at that part). Poor woman; she got hit from all sides, didn't she? Now, I'm not super wise or anything, but I've got ears to listen and I can understand her feelings without condemning her, you know? So maybe God has this sort of thing in mind for me. To help other military wives who just really feel alone, like I did and sometimes still do?

Our men will be deploying in the future... we got a tentative date. Nothing too soon yet, but our turn is coming. Again, it's tentative, so it could be put back or it could be moved forward. Who knows? But we'll likely be needing to lean on each other when that time comes. What's even better... she's a Christian. Now is that a God-thing or what?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very cool. I can't imagine the struggle military wives go through. That is definitely a minstry right there in front of you. I hate the thought of your dh having to leave again - you just got him back! But then again - if you can grow and mature as a military wife - you can become a very strong woman (stronger than you already are!). For now - just enjoy having dh there and your beautiful new home :)

Anonymous said...

Lily(!) your post has grasped tears of my joy ~knowing the light of God's workings in your abundant life. He is so daily Amazing. His yoke gentle and so full of truthfully graceful moments. Enjoy step by step, side by side.

MaineMom

Pint-Size Princess said...

I'm so happy to see you finding peace and purpose as a military wife. Been praying for you as always :)

Candi said...

So glad you are finding peace in the situation. I know it is hard!

Let me tell you, it is also hard when they get out. The unknown can be scary...will there be a job, will it pay enough, will there be healthcare.

It was good to talk to you the other day!!