Thursday, June 7, 2007

Got lots of projects lined up!

To start decorating my home, I've been browsing and brainstorming... and I've got some great ideas, if I do say so m'self. All are cross stitch projects, but there is one that is quilted, which means I'm gonna have to learn how to quilt!

MaineMom gave me a quote on joy that was the inspiration for doing "The joy of the Lord is my strength" project. It's framed with cross stitched ivy.

Have you seen word clouds? Well, I'm gonna make my own in cross stitch! I came up with some words that mean home and family to me that will all go into the piece. Thing is... I've gotta design it myself. Eeek! Never done that before, so this will be a creative adventure!

Then I found this beautiful saying online to cross stitch (thank you, Candi!):

Having someone to love is
FAMILY
Having somewhere to go is
HOME
Having both is a
BLESSING


Also to be done:
"Wildflower Trio. " Isn't it wonderful?

This mini quilt - won't it be darling in greens, blues, and yellows?

"Tulip Trio" - another gorgeous picture of flowers

"Peony Blossom" - The peony is my favorite flower in whole world!

And one day, when I've gotten those finished, I hope to do several of these!! Do you think I'll be busy for awhile? LOL!! Not to mention, I've got throw pillows to sew, some curtains to make for the kids' rooms... hmmm, getting rid of the tv is probably wise...

No comments: