Monday, January 8, 2007

Hello, again!

Ahhhh, dh's trip visit is over, and he is back to school. We are trying to get back into the old routine, trying to find our groove again.

Dh's visit was quite nice! It was quite busy, full of fun and giggles. He and I laughed so much this time. It's been awhile... so it was nice.

I must say, the end of this visit went much differently than we planned, though. The day after I turned 30, my back gave out on me. Well, kind of. I was having muscle spasms. Never had them before, and wow, can they put a person out of commission. I was standing up, handing the baby to my hubby, and as I turned to hand her off, I just felt this horrible pain in my back and I went down. Dropped the poor little gal, but since he was reaching for her anyway, he caught her easily. I tried to stand up, but nope. We finally managed to get me somewhat comfy on the couch, but I could nothing without help. Wound up in the ER the next day. Dh looked at me at one point and said, "I know you just turned 30, but you don't have to start falling apart already!" We had a good laugh over that one. Anyway, I'm on muscle relaxers, anti-inflammatory meds, and pain meds. Under the usual orders on no lifting, etc.

Then dh came down with some nasty vomiting/diarrhea bug. I think it was the same sort of thing we all had around Thanksgiving, as none of us have come down with it. I suspect he picked it up at the hospital when he took me to the ER.

So we took turns at the end, tending to each other's needs. Now, isn't that nice? He was such a great help this time. He hates to change diapers and that sort of thing, but this time he just jumped right in and helped with no grimaces or groans.

Well, I need to take off and finish a few things around here, though I would love to sit and just type my fingers off! Happy 2007!

No comments: