Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Things are a little off-kilter here

My dryer is no longer usable, and we have no laundromat in town, according to the phone book. Can you believe that? What town has no laundromat? So limping along until this weekend when we can hopefully find a cheap dryer.

I'm trying to find a good groove for us, and it is still eluding me. So I think we will stay home today from our library plans and just work on stuff here. Gotta try to get some stuff under control in the housekeeping department.

Also, I had all but decided to get rid of 90% of the kids toys. They just don't play with them. They have their favorites and that is all they play with. But dh wants me to just pack them up and stick them in the garage. So, that is what I will do. I'm hoping to do that today...

We are down to a very little tiny bit of food in the house, lol. It's comical when I go to the kitchen to fix a meal. I need to go to the store, just haven't made it yet. Maybe this afternoon...?

Oh yeah - and my computer is down, so I'm using hubby's laptop. As I sit here at the table, my youngest (14 months old) is eating toast and making a fiiiiiiiine mess of herself and the toast. She is cracking me up - letting the whole piece of toast hang from her clenched teeth while she growls. What a NUT.

2 comments:

Candi said...

I'm still trying to find a routine that works for us, too. For some reason, having three levels is throwing off my cleaning routine. I find we spend most of the day in the playroom in the basement....makes it kind of hard to clean the rest of the house.

Anonymous said...

Howdy ....just wanna say "hello". I hope you find the right dryer soon!

Its important to put those big rocks in the jar first, the gravel and sand ease in later....a big cheer for you, "YES! get rid of those toys." Maybe it would help to disposed of any toys bearing 'made in China' that why you can know you are doing something good. :) Have a productive day WITH your children. :)

Popcorn at 4:00 is always my help. ~the stovetop kind.

MaineMom