Monday, October 15, 2007

I think I might have found a groove

The routine that has turned out to be working isn't one I'd choose. But if it works, you go with it, right?

  • More serious homeschooling on 3 days a week, with a laid-back fun art and music day on Saturday
  • Tuesday is library and errand day (full day! includes taking all the children grocery shopping)
  • Cleaning marathon on Friday

Also, I'm sad to say I've discovered that having an actual school room doesn't work for us! GASP! At least, not now with so many other tiny ones about. Surely one day it will, right...? I do so love the idea of having an entire room dedicated to school - bulletin boards, charts and dry erase boards, etc. Ahhh, one day when they are older.

And maybe it's because the room is in the basement right now. But I'm chasing my tiny ones up and down the stairs and can't see what they are getting into, etc. No real way to gate off the stairs, you see. So it will wait.

Also, our daily routine is looking different than I thought. But it is flowing and that is the important thing!

Now, if I can just figure out a magic solution to all this laundry...

1 comment:

Brenda said...

We never had a school room. Nothing wrong with them - just never would have worked for us. The kitchen table was school central and I would send them off to different rooms to work (when they were old enough to work independently).

Glad you've found your groove. Sounds like a good plan to me!