Saturday, July 11, 2009

The roosters are such slackers

A couple weeks ago, I woke up every morning around 4 a.m. for no particular reason. That happened... oh, probably 5 or 6 mornings. So I gave up and adopted the if-you-can't-beat-'em, join-'em outlook.

And I now go to bed around 8:30 with my children and get up at 4 a.m.

I am not a morning person by nature. I prefer to hang out with the owls each night and join folks for lunch the next day. (Of course having children has changed how late I stay up and sleep in.) But this is working remarkably well. This way I am getting at least 3 hours of solitude every day, guaranteed.

By the time the kids get up in the morning, I've had some serious alone time. I've read my Bible, exercised, and conquered any projects that I wish.

I never thought I'd be living the "early to bed, early to rise" lifestyle!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

if you come cook dinner I will be home by 8:30 and I can go to bed :)

Lily said...

*chuckle*