Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mixed greetings

I tell ya, when you go out with 5, you get all sorts of reactions.

Several older ladies got lots of enjoyment from my bunch.

One man chuckled everytime he passed us, especially when Emily discovered something inside her mouth was bleeding... she kept touching it, looking at the blood, wiping it on her shirt, and exclaiming: "I'm bleeding!" Then she'd repeat the entire process. Goofy kid.

One mom was eager to talk to me, as she is expecting her 3rd. She is hoping for 4, but her hubby says no.

Then this one... two young women out, one of which was the mama of 2 little ones. The mom who had no kids says (upon seeing me and my bunch), "Girl, and you think you have it bad..." and then they both looked at us with disdain. I wanted to speak up, but they weren't actually talking to me, just loud enough for me to hear. And they allowed me to see their reactions to my family. But still. I figured with their reaction, nothing I could say would be taken well.


Oh yeah, and the lady today who told me that she appreciated the sweet manners that my kids have. That made me feel really good!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I chalk those two as young and naive. Secretly the lady with the 2 kids, desperatly wants to be just like you and enjoy her children but hasn't figured out that it'll take a 3rd to get there, lol. Her childless friend hasn't even felt a tenth of the joy that children can bring and speaks from a place of ignorance.

Older folks on the other hand love seeing big families, it reminds them of their childhood and better days gone by. :)