Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oy Vey

I told Sunshine tonight that her new name was gonna be Scissors.

Why? Oh because of the little matter of about 12 inches. That is roughly how much of her beautiful hair I'm gonna have to cut off to fix what she did today.

She has the most beautiful hair down to her rearend. It is just gorgeous. We get comments on her hair almost every outting. And now, it will be up to around her shoulder blades.

Not only that, but she took the same scissors to her sister's hair (Sugar-n-Spice) which has literally taken us YEARS to get to a decent length. S-n-S's hair doesn't grow. She still has a patch in the front of her head that is only ONE inch long (yes, that is correct). She will be 5 in a few months, and it still hasn't grown past an inch long. Her hair is finally to her shoulders, after 5 years of growing and growing. She has had two trims in her entire life! And Sunshine decided to cut it.

When I discovered it, I felt like laughing and crying at the same time. Still do.

Kids. What do you do with them? Take pictures first, then get angry, right?

2 comments:

Candi said...

Oh no---is that like a right of passage or something? Apparently I did the same thing and ended up with a short, short do.

Janelle said...

I can't imagine sunshine with hair that short. Poor S-N-S, though she probably didn't complain, lol. My sis did the same thing to me when I was sleeping (I was 4).